This scrumptious vegetarian beet burger with quinoa and feta cheese is simply the best. It comes with a spicy avocado dip and a wonderful homemade brioche bun.
Easy Coconut Shrimp Curry
- 1.5 pounds (400g) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt & pepper
- ½ yellow onion, thinly diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 can 13.5-ounces (400ml) coconut milk
- 1/2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon cornstarch + 1 ½ teaspoon water (optional, for thicker sauce)
- Lime wedges
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place shrimp in a shallow dish and season with cayenne pepper, lime juice, salt and pepper. Let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet with a drizzle of oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft and translucent. Add in the bell peppers and cook for a couple of minutes. Add garlic, ginger, and all the spices. Stir well an cook for about 30 more seconds.
- Pour in the coconut milk and brown sugar.
- Bring to a simmer and then add in the shrimp. Bring back to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- If you want to thicken the sauce, mix cornstarch with water in a bowl, add to the sauce and cook another minute.
- Serve curry over basmati rice. Add some lime wedges and fresh cilantro.