A traditional French rustic style dessert made with sweet batter and fresh fruit such as cherries.
Vegan Blueberry Muffins with Flaxseed
- 2/3 cup (130g) sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
- ½ cup (120 ml) vegetable oil, neutral in taste
- ½ cup (120 ml) coconut cream (the solid part of coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/3 (160g) cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh (100g) blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Place eight muffin liners in the pan.
- Prepare the flaxseed egg: mix 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons water. Stir well and set aside for about 5 minutes, until texture is thick and viscous.
- Combine the sugar, flaxseed egg, vegetable oil, coconut cream, and vanilla in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour with baking powder and salt. Stir into the wet ingredients until combined. Don’t overmix. Fold in the blueberries.
- Evenly distribute the batter in the muffin tin all the way to the top. Sprinkle the tops with the 1 tablespoon of sugar if desired (optional).
- Bake muffins for about 5 minutes at 425°F (220°C), then lower the temperature to 375°F (190°C) and bake for 25 minutes more, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan until set.