The most Frequently Asked Questions
If you have not found the answer to your question on this web site, please contact us.
- How to use my Peugeot mill?
My mill is manual: Turn the head of the mill clockwise only. Turning left and right will only cause spices to go back up inside the mill instead of driving them down into the mechanism.
My mill is electric: Press the button with your finger to start grinding. The mill stops as soon as you remove your finger.
- What should be done if my mill isn't working?
I have a manual mill :
Your mill could be empty, fill the reservoir with the appropriate spice.
Your mill has been filled with the wrong spice. Empty the reservoir and replace the content with the appropriate spice. See the user guide of you mill to know which spice you may use with your mill.
I have an electric mill:
The light no longer shines?
• Check that the reservoir contacts and the motor unit contacts are clean; clean them with a dry cloth if necessary.
• Ensure that the bulb is in place. If it is in place, it may not be making contact so remove re reinsert it.
• The light bulb is missing or has burnt out. If burnt out, remove it by pulling. Replace the missing or burnt out bulb by inserting the spare bulb into the slot.
The motor is working but the mill does not grind :
• Check that the compartment contains enough of the appropriate spice for the mill.
The motor is not working:
First, replace the batteries. If the mill still does not work, it must be returned to us. Return the product to us in its original packaging complete with guarantee card that was duly filled in at the time of purchase.
- Where may I find a bulb for my electric mill?
Please contact the store where you bought your mill or contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which pepper and which salt can I use in my Peugeot mill?
Which sort of pepper should I use?
To get the best results, we recommend you to use only dry, hard, whole peppercorns that are 6 mm (1/4″) or less in diameter.
Black, white and dry green peppercorns can be ground in Peugeot pepper mills. The pink berries can be ground only if in a blend (max 15% pink) with one of these other peppercorns.
We recommend you to use our range of peppers :
- Vietnam pepper: This pepper has a hot and spicy flavor. It develops notes of musk and smoke as well as a very sweet acidity.
- Timut pepper: It grows in the wild in the south of Nepal. It will bring a zingy and incredibly fresh taste to your dishes.
Dried coriander seeds is also suitable for the pepper mechanism.
Which salt should I use?
To get the best out of your Peugeot salt grinding steel mechanism, you should use: dry rock salts (white, pink or blue).
Only use your mill for these dry salts. DO NOT USE WET SEA SALT, EVEN DRIED.
Do not use your Peugeot salt mill for grinding:
• pepper or any other spice.
• damp sea salt, also known as grey salt, (Guérande, Ré, etc.). That is because its moisture content is so high that it will corrode the mill.
Use a specific Peugeot mechanism for damp salt. Its shape and materials have been designed to resist salt corrosion.
- We recommend you to use our range of salts:
- Himalayan salt: Protected for thousands of years for impurity, the pink salt of the Himalayas offers an unrivalled wealth nutrients, including magnesium, calcium and potassium. The inimitable rosy tint comes from its high iron content.
- Persian blue salt: Persian blue salt is a fossil salt harvested from sites in Iran. Its rich potassium content gives the salt its inimitable bluish colour.
How to grind wet sea salt?
For wet sea salt, a specially designed mill has been created because the natural consistency and moisture content do not allow the use of an ordinary salt mill. An innovative patented system enables a high-performance grind without blockage even with very humid or compressed salt. This specific mechanism is composed of 3 stops ensuring both mechanism resistance and constant output, and an anti-clogging spiral which shuffles the salt in the reservoir.
- Dry salt or wet sea salt?
DRY SALT Rock salt is found in the depths of the earth ; it is a fossil salt, that has accumulated
over geological eras, with the evaporation of the seas. Rock salt contains iron and potassium.
WET SEA SALT The wet sea salt (as Guérande salt, Noirmoutier salt...) is characterized by a
consistency and a high humidity that do not allow to grind it with a conventional salt mill. This
salt is rich in magnesium and trace elements.
- Why should I use a mill to grind my pepper?
The grind is essential for unlocking the full flavour of your pepper. Give your tastes free rein and choose the grind according to the required effect:
• Fine grind = WILL DEVELOP POWER
• Coarse grind = WILL REVEAL FLAVOUR
• Medium grind = FOR BALANCE
- How to clean my Peugeot mill?
Regardless of material, use a soft, dry cloth to clean your Peugeot mill. Never use any cleaning agent or detergent. Do not expose the mill to humidity.
- How long is the warranty on my Peugeot mill?
Our commitment to quality means we can offer the best guarantees on our products.
Peugeot manual grinding mechanisms carry a lifetime warranty and electric mills have 5-year warranty.
These guarantees do not cover normal wear, accidental damage or any use of the mill not in
accordance with this manual. The guarantees are void without proof of purchase (a duly completed guarantee card or sales receipt).
- How long is the warranty on my Peugeot corkscrew?
All our wine accessories are guaranteed for 2 years from date of purchase.
The Baltaz corkscrew is guaranteed for 10 years, and Baltaz Dark, 5 years. The Salma corkscrew is guaranteed for 5 years.
The guarantee does not cover damage and defects resulting from abuse, falls or cleaning not in compliance with the instructions contained in the user guide.
The guarantee is taken to exclude normal wear, impact and only cover compliant, non-professional use of the product.
The guarantee is only in effect if the appliance is returned to your retailer, accompanied by the guarantee card duly filled in with the date of purchase and bearing the retailer’s signature and stamp; or an official proof of purchase.
- Why use a decanter?
A decanter provides the ideal environment for a wine to reveal the subtle details of its colour and the diversity of its aromatic palette, one that will refine the wine’s taste to enable the full expression of its intensity.
As well as being an object of art, the decanter is also the tool that will accentuate all the pleasures that wine tasting has to offer.
A decanter can be used in three specific ways:
- Decanting a young red wine
Young vintage reds designed for ageing require several years to mature and reveal all their subtlety, elegance and richness.
Pouring them into a decanter accelerates the maturing process and enables the wine to age considerably within a few hours.
- Decanting a mature red wine
A mature red wine that has been allowed to age several years in a bottle has reached a complexity and fullness that must remain intact for the taster. Natural sediment made up of tannins and anthocyanins (coloured pigments in the wine) must be removed before serving. Similarly, any reduction that has formed must be allowed to escape.
- Decanting a white wine
Due to their fairly fragile nature, white wines should be handled with great care. Gently swirling them will refine their aromatic purity whilst at the same time preserving their freshness.
- What is the ideal temperature to enjoy my wine?
Oenologists all agree – nothing affects the flavour of a great wine as much as temperature. It is essential to serve wine at the right temperature to bring out all its qualities:
– Red Bordeaux: 16-18 °C
– Red Burgundy: 14-17 °C
– Young red wine, supple and light: 12-14 °C
– Dry white wine: 8-12 °C
– Sweet wine: 6-8 °C
– Champagnes: 7-10 °C
– Rosé wine: 8-11 °C
- What is the warranty on Peugeot Ceramics?
The Peugeot ceramics range comes with a 10-year warranty. The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, impacts and breakages, and any damage caused by use other than in accordance with these recommendations. A warranty claim will only be accepted if accompanied by proof of purchase (warranty card duly completed, receipt, or registration on our website at peugeot-saveurs.com).
Safe for use in:
Freezer (-20°C/ -4°F)
These products are not designed to be brought into direct contact with an open heat source (gas burner, electric hot plate or BBQ) or an induction cooktop.
Peugeot dishes can be used in the LO Broiler but will not sustain temperatures of HIGH Broiler.
Peugeot ceramics ovenware is highly effective at retaining heat and will stay hot on the table for up to 30 minutes.
ceramic ovenware can withstand temperatures from -25°C to 250°C/ -77° F to 480°F
Handmade products made of natural raw material may have some slight imperfections. These imperfections in no way affect the quality or performance of the pieces.
Use & Care:
• Remove all labels and wash the ovenware before using for the first time.
• To deglaze, only use warm liquid over 20°C/ 68°F • Do not place the ovenware in cold water after removing from the oven.
• Place frozen food in a cold dish before putting in the oven.
• Always place the hot ovenware on a trivet.
• When handling your ovenware, the use of appropriate heat protection is recommended.
• Never leave the ovenware in the oven while the pyrolytic self-clean system is in use.
• Peugeot ceramics are extremely easy to clean. To remove stubborn baked-on food, pour hot water and dishwashing liquid into the dish and soak for a few minutes before cleaning with a sponge.